The Bottom Line
Friendly and helpful service has helped Brazuca's achieve a good standing in hostel reviews across the board. The new location (opened in early 2010) in a busy street in Copacabana, three blocks from the beach and with a security system, is a great plus. Tile floors, ample windows, fans and A/C keep the dorms cool no matter what the Rio heat.
- Near the beach
- Clean and airy
- Helpful staff members can help you plan your sightseeing; English and Spanish spoken
- A 5-minute walk from subway station and bus stop with lots of lines to touristic areas
- No curfew
- No family rooms
- Dorms with 5, 6, 8 and 21 beds (see a photo); lockers for all guests; bed sheets and covers included; A/C in all dorms
- Lockers for all guests
- Well-equipped kitchen open all day; living room with DVD player
- Internet access (paid extra) and wi-fi
- Breakfast included, with milk, coffee, chocolate, cake, bread and cheese, and two kinds of fruit
- Address: Rua Santa Clara 129 - Copacabana - Rio de Janeiro - RJ - Brazil
- Phone: 55-21-22472623 / Fax: 55-21-25486992
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: www.brazucashostel.com
Guide Review - Brazuca's Hostel
June 30, 2010
The hostel is near the beach and even closer to Avenida Nossa Senhora de Copacabana, where tourists can catch an array of buses to Rio's top attractions. The Siqueira Campos subway station is also just a couple of blocks away.
Great shopping, such as the affordable bikinis of Santa Clara 33, dozens of snack bars and kilo restaurants - Aipo & Aipim, for example - and an Hortifruti less than two blocks away will help in keeping you and your travel budget healthy.
Carnival 2011 Rates:
Packages for Carnival 2011 range from R$750 to R$990 per person for 6 nights (March 3-9, 2011) in a 5-person dorm. Check daily dollar-real exchange rates.